Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Severed Bonds - Kyra Dunst (Nikki)

Series: Annwn Unveiled
Book: Severed Bonds
Author: Kyra Dunst
Genre: Fantasy


Book Synopsis: My life will never be the same again…

Sometimes I wonder if my life would have gone differently if I had been a little less impulsive. Most people would think twice about driving into a snowstorm, but not me. Now I am caught up in all sorts of trouble, and not of the weather variety.

Vampires, werewolves, and the Fae, oh my!

Yup, they exist, all right. And I landed smack dab in the middle of their little dispute. One faction wants to keep everything quiet, and the other? Well, they seek nothing less than total world domination. Or something.

And they both want me. Well, isn’t that special?

Now I am pulled so deep into their world that I can never hope to break free. Not only have I risked those I hold most dear, but I have discovered some things about myself that will change who I thought I was.

It really sucks when you find out your whole life was a lie…

My name is Alexandra Blakely, Lexi for short, and this is how it all began.



Book Review: There's a lot of books about vampires, or werewolves, or fae, or all three thrown together in one pot and cooked until it's a mess of confusion. This book did contain all three, but I felt that it flowed a lot better than some of the books I've read thus far. There were portions where I found myself skipping a few pages, though I think this is more my impatience and slight anxiety than it is the book. I enjoyed the love triangle, it was done in a more interesting way than others, and many of the plot twists kept me on my toes (though I did manage to guess who she would end up with). It may surprise you to know, if you've read the book, that my favorite character was Sierra. I love how she was portrayed. I must say she was rather unique, being what she is. I'm torn between wanting to have more of the story and enjoying where Alexandra is at the end of the book. I will admit, going from a book written extremely poetically with extremely detailed descriptions to a fast paced, more action and romance novel was a big change, but this was still a wonderful book. I loved this book, I can't wait to read more. 

Quotes: I have to find these later. My kindle app and I are having a disagreement.

Find her on twitter: @KyraDunst
Email her: kyra@kyradunst.com

No comments:

Post a Comment